delicious.divine.design





bringing you daily inspirations, delicious desserts, and divine designs

Monday, April 11, 2011

The Big Pink Bow

I had the pleasure of viewing the Balenciaga and Spain exhibit at the De Young museum last week and I was particularly inspired by his use of black and pink. The black velvet dress with large pink bow caught my eye, but I wasn't sure why until I got home and opened one of my bridal magazine. The same dress with a few minor changes is part of Oscar de la Renta's current bridal collection and was also copied by Yves Saint Laurent. It just goes to show that what goes around comes around in fashion! I love Oscar's take on the dress and if I hadn't already purchased my dress or had any interest in wearing pink this would be at the top of my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment