delicious.divine.design





bringing you daily inspirations, delicious desserts, and divine designs

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Red Velvet Cupcakes


I love red velvet cupcakes, but they are my least favorite cupcakes to bake. I decided to give them another try and battle the endless amounts of red food coloring in order to expand my baking skills. I started with Magnolia Bakery's recipe since they make my favorite red velvets; I made a few tweaks like limiting the red food coloring to only 3 tablespoons, then finished them off with cream cheese frosting rather than the vanilla specified in the recipe. I was pleasantly surprised with how moist they turned out and will definitely be making them again.

2 comments:

  1. You are a baking machine!! It's probably good we don't live up there because then I would want to eat everything you make

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you decorated them. So cute...and even yummier.

    ReplyDelete