delicious.divine.design





bringing you daily inspirations, delicious desserts, and divine designs

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Yellow or Grey?

I've checked most of the big to-do's off my wedding checklist, but one thing I have yet to tackle is what my ladies will be wearing. It has been the topic of discussion lately as we scour the internet to find the perfect dresses. The first item up for debate is color; my entire wedding is yellow but there is something so unflattering about yellow dresses. I found a few cute examples above but I think we are strongly leaning towards grey. The second item up for debate is style. I guess you could call me an untraditional bride because I hate the look of matching bridesmaids dresses. I thought I was doing the wedding party of favor by asking them to pick whatever style or dress they like as long as it fits with the overall color and styles of the other dresses. I've come to find out that this mismatched approach is much more difficult than it seems and this is probably why most brides just pick the dresses for their bridesmaids. I'm still determined to find 4 mismatched dresses that perfectly reflect each of my bridesmaids personalities so that they aren't stuck matching the tablecloths at my wedding...any suggestions on where I should start?!?

3 comments:

  1. Here's one grey dress!
    http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=50133&vid=1&pid=813480

    At my cousin Annie's wedding they had al the bridesmaids in different grey J Crew dresses and they all looked fab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote grey. And I second that J Crew suggestion. You pick the color and the fabric, they pick the dress. That's what I did. They're affordable and there's a bunch of different styles.
    Xxa

    ReplyDelete
  3. have you checked out aria? I think they have a location in LA (kind of a trip) but I've worn them as bridesmaid dresses before and really liked them. http://www.ariadress.com/

    ReplyDelete