delicious.divine.design





bringing you daily inspirations, delicious desserts, and divine designs

Friday, February 18, 2011

6 months until our wedding


With our wedding 6 short months away, I am overwhelmed by the list of things I still have to do. Rather than dwell on the negative I figured I better focus on the positive, so here is a few of my favorite engagement pictures (above) as well as a list of what I have accomplished in 5 months of wedding planning (below). I was nervous about taking engagement pictures but our photographer is AMAZING and the shoot turned out to be so much fun, we were also blessed with amazing weather and the location we chose perfectly captured our love of the outdoors.


Wedding Planning Accomplishments:
  • Booked a venue (it may be my parent's house but we still needed approval)
  • Met with a landscape architect and approved plans to redesign the backyard
  • Booked our photographer and had our engagement pictures taken (see above)
  • Chose a theme and color for the wedding
  • Rented lots and lots of stuff for our backyard wedding (tables, chairs, dance floor, restrooms, etc)
  • Went searching for wedding dresses and finally found one
  • Booked a Caterer who we know and LOVE!
  • Booked a Day of Coordinator to help calm the chaos on our big day
  • Convinced my brother to be our officiant - now I need to figure out how to make it legit
  • Found and booked the perfect hotel for guests to stay and enjoy the weekend with us!
  • Collected tons of milkglass and started collecting other vintage items for the wedding
  • Started researching flowers and finally booked our florist
  • Made and sent our DIY Save the Dates
  • Designed our invitations (to be released in a few more months)

I still have a long way to go as theknot.com loves to remind me with it's endless checklist of things to do at every moment, but I feel very lucky to be planning the wedding of my dreams to the man of my dreams with the help of all my family and friends!

All images copyright of Emily Scannell at borrowedblueoldnew.com.

2 comments:

  1. TIFFFFFF!
    BEAUTIFUL! I MISS YOU!
    LOVEEEEEEE IT
    ALICIA MISSES YOU TOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! These are incredible. So glad you posted them. I love the one with Sierra and your striped dress looks awesome in those pics. Yay!!!

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete